Salary: $55,000 to $75,000
Job Type/Shift: Full Time, 7:30 am 4:30 pm CST
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Location: 10896 W 300 N, Michigan City, IN 46360
Position Summary: Vanair® is seeking an experienced Purchasing and Scheduling Analyst (Buyer/Planner) who can contribute to a growing, entrepreneurial customer-focused company. The Purchasing/Scheduling Analyst ensures that manufacturing has an uninterrupted supply of products and services to meet daily production goals at the most competitive costs. Analysts negotiate with suppliers for optimal cost and inventory replenishment strategies and they collaborate with their team on scheduling for truck installations, meeting key metrics and continually monitoring and improving supplier performance. The successful candidate will have manufacturing experience and a strong understanding of supply chain management and scheduling concepts.
Job Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or a related field and/or five years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong negotiating and decision-making skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard ERP/MRP platforms
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong multitasking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and customer service. Ability to work well with a team and collaborate cross functionally
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Truck Equipment/Industry a plus
- Lean experience/certification a plus
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Sales, suppliers, Engineering, Planning, and Production daily to align schedules to meet scheduled builds and capacity constraints.
- Evaluate suppliers’ proposals, costs, and quality, as well as oversee purchasing performance based on service and availability.
- Proactive actions with production team to meet scheduled installs and urgently address issues to maintain alignment
- Strive to minimize expenses and increase company profitability, develop detailed purchasing reports, and recommend changes to the acquisitions processes as needed. Purchasing analysts also write orders and review bid proposals based on project requirements.
- Collaborate with Engineering on new product developments and provide timely follow through on Engineering Change Notifications (ECN).
- Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies including RFQ’s (Request for Quotes) and requisitions.
- Resolve issues as they arise with non-supplied, under orders, over orders, quality, and damaged goods through problem resolution.
- Perform regular reviews of inventory planning parameters. Maintain and update supplier database for pricing, lead-times, and contact information.
- 401(k) with matching 5% contribution
- Employees are 100% invested in the 401(k) on day one
- Premium low deductible comprehensive Health insurance, including Vision and Dental
- Low employee contribution levels toward health care plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- $1,000 Bonus Referral Program
- Profit Sharing
- Immediate eligibility for all 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Wellness Time
- $15,000 free life insurance policy
Great Work Environment:
- First-of the Month Friday company-supplied lunches
- Company Parties including Christmas parties, Santa for the Kids, Summer Family Picnics and more
- Local charity events
- Pleasant, clean, environment