Vanair Manufacturing, headquartered in Michigan City, IN, is seeking a Regional Sales Managers. Vanair is the market leader in mobile compressed air and power solutions and continues to innovate in multiple industries. This individual should exemplify the Vanair guiding principles of being trustworthy, cooperative, conscientious, accountable, open, driven, and customer-focused.
The Regional Sales Manager will plan, organize, execute, and manage sales activities within his/her territory to ensure profitable growth and obtain sales objectives. Product demonstrations, product presentations, and writing Vanair product into customer bid specifications are key activities. The RSM will work closely with Vanair dealers, OEMs, and end customers to understand and identify their power needs and offer best value solutions to satisfy them. At times, the RSM may be called upon to assist and/or train customers with installation, in-service and maintenance training, and routine troubleshooting of systems in the field. This position requires the candidate to live in the territory and requires approximately 60-80% travel.
- Establish and maintain productive contact with current and potential customers. Initiate and cultivate business relationships with multiple levels of customer decision-makers and influencers such as owners, management, engineers, purchasers, sales & marketing, maintenance, parts managers and other individuals at assigned accounts.
- Identify and recommend new customers and channels, new markets/applications, opportunities, and services.
- Regularly report sales forecast information, call reports, travel schedules, and maintain CRM records.
- Develop and maintain account plans for assigned customers.
- Regularly monitor competitive pricing and product offerings.
- Attend approved/required trade shows and industry association meetings.
- Provide training to fleet operators, fleet technicians, installers, and distributors.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate will possess 5 or more years of proven successful field sales experience in the work truck, compressed air, or hydraulics industry. Strong candidates in other fields will be considered. A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering is preferred, but not necessary with equivalent experience or other professional qualifications. Strong mechanical aptitude, the ability to read or interpret specifications and drawings, as well as being self-directed, motivated, and highly organized, are all strongly desired traits. The candidate must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License, be TSA Global Entry eligible, and must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Vanair offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k, and paid vacation, holidays, and wellness time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested and qualified candidates should apply below.