Since 1972, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best Mobile Power Solutions® – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment®, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs. Being at the forefront of our industry and staying ahead of our competition is challenging, demanding, and involves working hard – but it is also rewarding!
If you like being challenged, want to be part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire a STAFF ACCOUNTANT at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
- Assist with the accounting system, producing timely and accurate financial statements from EPICOR software.
- Assist with the month-end and year-end close process, including recording accrual basis journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, preparing financial statements, and analyzing variances.
- Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Prepaids
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Work with the Sales Manager and Production Manager with pricing, as well as explain variances.
- Review and oversee employee health benefits and 401(k)
- Assist with inventory control.
- Payroll processing
- Employee expense reports
- Complete special projects as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- The ability to work alone, but not be afraid to ask questions.
- Strong financial background with numerical proficiency.
- Possess problem-solving and multi-tasking skills and able to flourish in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to proficiently use various Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Possess a willingness to support the growth of the Company, where needed.
- Personable and outgoing, with effective communication skills.
- Self-starter who will continuously bring ideas to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Manufacturing background preferred.
Vanair® offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- 401(k) with matching 5% contribution
- Employees are 100% invested in the 401(k) on day one.
- Premium low deductible comprehensive health insurance including vision and dental.
- Low employee contribution levels toward health care plans
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- $1,000 Bonus Referral Program
- Profit sharing
- Immediate eligibility for all 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Wellness Time
- $15,000 free life insurance policy
Great Work Environment
- Pleasant, clean, well-lighted environment
- First-of-the-month Friday company-supplied lunches
- Company Parties include Christmas Party, Santa for the Kids, Summer Family Picnic, and more!
- Local charity events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.