Since 1972, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best Mobile Power Solutions® – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment®, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs. Being at the forefront of our industry and staying ahead of our competition is challenging, demanding, and involves working hard – but it is also rewarding!
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire a Start•All Jump•Pack® Repair Technician at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
As a member of the service team, the Start•All Jump•Pack Repair Technician’s primary duty will be to receive, diagnose, and repair the Start•All Jump•Pack® by Vanair®. You will also assist in the repair of other Vanair® product diagnosis and repairs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctioning Jump•Packs.
- Responsible for repairing or replacing failed components.
- Test jump packs to ensure quality compliance.
- Fill out required service repair documents for all repairs.
- Prepare repaired jump packs for shipping.
- Assist in inventory tracking and counts.
- Work closely with service repair technicians and assist with other repairs when needed.
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload accordingly
- Attention to detail
- Safety Minded
Vanair® offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- 401(k) with matching 5% contribution
- Employees are 100% invested in the 401(k) on day one
- Premium low deductible comprehensive Health insurance including Vision and Dental
- Low employee contribution levels toward health care plans
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- $1,000 Bonus Referral Program
- Profit Sharing
- Immediate eligibility for all 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Wellness Time
- $15,000 free life insurance policy
Great Work Environment
- Pleasant, clean, well-lighted environment
- First-of-the-month Friday company-supplied lunches
- Company Parties include Christmas Party, Santa for the Kids, Summer Family Picnic, and more!
- Local charity events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.