Salary: $23.00 – $31.00 per hour
Are you interested in working with custom automotive builds? Are you mechanically inclined? Would you like to learn new skills in this field? Then please keep reading . . .
For 51 years, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best Mobile Power Solutions® – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment®, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs.
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire to be part of an exciting team always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member who can thrive in multiple production environments.
Responsible for upfitting and installing various types of truck bodies, mobile power systems, and other truck equipment to various types of chassis and work vehicles.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with common automotive shop tools and machines.
- Ability to read basic blueprints and wiring schematics a plus.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Familiarity with 12-volt automotive electrical systems and practices a plus.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Own tools and toolbox required, but can start without
- Able to perform general math skills and read a tape measure.
- A team player with the ability to work independently, as needed.
- Must provide high attention to detail and quality of work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, lift heavy objects, climb in, out, and under trucks frequently.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Upfit and install truck bodies onto truck chassis.
- Install electrical components onto trucks, such as lighting, trailer plugs, and brake components.
- Install various mobile power systems (PTO-driven air compressor / generators, PTO-driven hydraulic systems, generators, inverters, etc.)
- Install bumpers, hitches, ladder racks, hose reels, bulkheads, and other various equipment.
- Fabricate steel components, weld, and paint, as experience permits.
- Excellent attendance.
- Some travel available, but not required.
Vanair® offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- 401(k) with matching 5% contribution
- Employees are 100% invested in the 401(k) on day one.
- Premium low deductible comprehensive Health insurance including Vision and Dental
- Low employee contribution levels toward health care plans
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Annual Tool Allowance
- $1,000 Bonus Referral Program
- Profit Sharing
- Immediate eligibility for all 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid wellness time
- $15,000 free life insurance policy
Great Work Environment
- Pleasant, clean, well-lighted environment
- First-of-the-month Friday company-supplied lunches
- Company Parties including Christmas Party, Santa for the Kids, Summer
Family Picnic, and more
- Local charity events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.