For 51 years, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best Mobile Power Solutions® – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment®, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs.
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire an In-House Service Technician at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
As a member of the Service team, the In-House Service Technician will provide customer technical phone support for the Vanair® product line.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical product phone support for our customers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair/ recondition Vanair® products in-house.
- Maintain accurate records of repairs by entering them into the computer and works with the Warranty Coordinator to ensure timely repairs and held to a schedule.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starter, organized, and punctual.
- Must be computer literate.
- Possess a mechanical and electrical troubleshooting background.
- Must have your own tools.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good electrical aptitude (12V and 120V) for machinery and mechanical devices.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment, operate as a team, and interface with other departments.
- Must be able to work in a safe manner without supervision.
Vanair® offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- 401(k) with matching 5% contribution
- Employees are 100% invested in the 401(k) on day one.
- Premium low deductible comprehensive Health insurance including Vision and Dental
- Low employee contribution levels toward health care plans
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- $1,000 Bonus Referral Program
- Profit Sharing
- Immediate eligibility for all 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Wellness Time
- $15,000 free life insurance policy
Great Work Environment
- Pleasant, clean, well-lighted environment
- First-of-the-month Friday company-supplied lunches
- Company Parties including Christmas Party, Santa for the Kids, Summer, Family Picnic, and more
- Local charity events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.