For 50 years, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best Mobile Power Solutions® – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment®, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs.
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire an In-House Service Technician at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
As a member of the Service team, the In-House Service Technician will provide customer technical phone support for the Vanair® product line.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical product phone support for our customers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair/ recondition Vanair® products in-house.
- Maintain accurate records of repairs by entering them into the computer and works with the Warranty Coordinator to ensure timely repairs and held to a schedule.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starter, organized, and punctual.
- Must be computer literate.
- Possess a mechanical and electrical troubleshooting background.
- Must have your own tools.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good electrical aptitude (12V and 120V) for machinery and mechanical devices.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment, operate as a team, and interface with other departments.
- Must be able to work in a safe manner without supervision.
Vanair® offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package that includes: medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k, and paid vacation, holidays, and wellness time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.