For 50 years, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best mobile power products – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment™, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs. Being at the forefront of our industry and staying ahead of our competition is challenging, demanding, and involves working hard – but it is also rewarding!
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire a Kit Assembler at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
Responsible for assembling purchased parts and the various pieces that go together to form a finished product. The assembler will use various hand tools and power tools, in conjunction with their hands, to complete the job. Responsible for fitting components together.
Tools: Hand tools: screwdrivers, wrenches, and tape measure.
Power tools: drills, grinders, belt sander, band saw, and nail gun.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprints, and bills of material; gather parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Assemble crates, apply blocking as required, and be conscientious of proper packing requirements.
- Install parts and subassemblies by assembly drawings / on-the-job training.
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct and proper fit, fastening parts, and subassemblies.
- Resolve assembly problems: notify the line foreman to obtain additional resources/direction.
- May train co-workers in production assembly.
- May be required to complete production documentation.
- Required to maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Vanair procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to read blueprints and assembly drawings.
- Able to read a tape measure
- Possess good mechanical aptitude
- Possess effective communication skills with peers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Vanair® offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k, and paid vacation, holidays, and wellness time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested and qualified candidates should apply below.