For 51 years, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best Mobile Power Solutions® – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment®, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs. Being at the forefront of our industry and staying ahead of our competition is challenging, demanding, and involves working hard – but it is also rewarding!
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire a Production Test Cell Operator at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
- Responsible for testing while maintaining Quality and Safety.
- Communicate with Engineering and Quality on nonconforming machines, where applicable.
- Collect and process data to identify quality trends to improve product quality.
- Troubleshoot and identify faulty machines and nonconforming material.
Essential Job Functions:
- Computer skills required for shipping and invoicing of orders
- May test over 50 different variations of systems to uphold a renowned reputation of quality products to our customers. Systems include Hydraulic, Engine, and P.T.O. driven models.
- Maintain preventive maintenance on Hydraulic Test Stand. Calibrate and inspect all test cell-related equipment.
- Perform tests on machines to collect and process data. Use Microsoft Excel to log and share results. Sonic nozzle, barometric pressure, temperature, time, voltage, amps, R.P.M.s, and P.S.I. readings performed on a daily basis.
- Safety focused at all times. Committed to a safe working environment through tools such as 5S.
- Will actively cross-train with other test personnel to ensure job flexibility and continual job growth.
- Communicate with Production leadership to ensure production schedules are met.
- Keep machines organized and in order to accomplish priority testing. Work overtime as required to meet deadlines and emergency customer requests. Have a solid understanding of operation functions on all machines to quickly diagnose noncompliant machines/components.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge.
Vanair® offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- 401(k) with matching 5% contribution
- Employees are 100% invested in the 401(k) on day one.
- Premium low deductible comprehensive Health insurance including Vision and Dental
- Low employee contribution levels toward health care plans
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- $1,000 Bonus Referral Program
- Profit Sharing
- Immediate eligibility for all 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Wellness Time
- $15,000 free life insurance policy
Great Work Environment
- Pleasant, clean, well-lighted environment
- First-of-the-month Friday company-supplied lunches
- Company Parties including Christmas Party, Santa for the Kids, Summer, Family Picnic, and more
- Local charity events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.