For 50 years, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best mobile power products – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment™, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs. Being at the forefront of our industry and staying ahead of our competition is challenging, demanding, and involves working hard – but it is also rewarding!
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire a Production Test Cell Operator at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
- Responsible for testing while maintaining Quality and Safety.
- Communicate with Engineering and Quality on nonconforming machines, where applicable.
- Collect and process data to identify quality trends to improve product quality.
- Troubleshoot and identify faulty machines and nonconforming material.
Essential Job Functions:
- Computer skills required for shipping and invoicing of orders
- May test over 50 different variations of systems to uphold a renowned reputation of quality products to our customers. Systems include Hydraulic, Engine, and P.T.O. driven models.
- Maintain preventive maintenance on Hydraulic Test Stand. Calibrate and inspect all test cell-related equipment.
- Perform tests on machines to collect and process data. Use Microsoft Excel to log and share results. Sonic nozzle, barometric pressure, temperature, time, voltage, amps, R.P.M.s, and P.S.I. readings performed on a daily basis.
- Safety focused at all times. Committed to a safe working environment through tools such as 5S.
- Will actively cross-train with other test personnel to ensure job flexibility and continual job growth.
- Communicate with Production leadership to ensure production schedules are met.
- Keep machines organized and in order to accomplish priority testing. Work overtime as required to meet deadlines and emergency customer requests. Have a solid understanding of operation functions on all machines to quickly diagnose noncompliant machines/components.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Microsoft Excel knowledge.
Vanair® offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k, and paid vacation, holidays, and wellness time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested and qualified candidates should apply below.