First (6am- 2:30pm) and second (2-10:30pm) shifts available.
Are you interested in working with custom automotive builds? Are you mechanically inclined? Would you like to learn new skills in this field? Then please keep reading . . .
For 50 years, Vanair has worked hard to bring you the best mobile power products in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs. Being at the forefront of our industry and staying ahead of our competition is challenging, demanding, and involves working hard – but it is also rewarding!
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member who can thrive in multiple production environments.
Responsible for upfitting and installing of various types of truck bodies, mobile power systems, and other truck equipment to various types of chassis and work vehicles.
Experience and Skills
- Experience with common automotive shop tools and machines
- Ability to read basic blueprints and wiring schematics a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Familiarity with 12-volt automotive electrical systems and practices a plus
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license
- Own tools and toolbox required but can start without
- Able to perform general math skills and read a tape measure
- A team player with ability to work independently as needed
- Must provide high attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, lift heavy objects, climb in, out, and under trucks frequently
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Upfit and install truck bodies onto truck chassis
- Install electrical components onto trucks, such as lighting, trailer plugs, and brake components
- Install various mobile power systems (PTO driven air compressor / generators, PTO driven hydraulic systems, generators, inverters, etc.)
- Install bumpers, hitches, ladder racks, hose reels, bulkheads, other various equipment
- Fabricate steel components, weld, and paint as experience permits
- Excellent attendance
- Some travel available but not required
Vanair offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k, and paid vacation, holidays, and wellness time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested and qualified candidates should apply below.