Salary: $20-28 an hour
Job Type/ Shift: Full Time, 6am -2:30pm CDT (optional overtime available)
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Location: 10896 W 300 N, Michigan City, IN 46360
Are you interested in working with custom automotive builds? Are you mechanically inclined? For 50 years, Vanair® has worked hard to bring our customers the very best in Mobile Power Solutions® and is forever striving to be at the forefront of our industry. If you like being challenged, want to be part of an exciting team and environment, want to work for a company that cares about you, and are looking for growth opportunities and personal development, then we’re looking for you!
Responsible for installing various types of: truck bodies, Mobile Power Systems®, lighting packages, graphics, and other truck equipment to complete new custom work truck builds. Position offers placement for employees across a broad range of skill sets with opportunities to train and grow.
Experience and Skills:
- Mechanically inclined
- Own tools and toolbox required (exception for shop specialty tools supplied)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience with common automotive shop tools and machines
- Ability to read basic blueprints and wiring schematics a plus
- Automotive electrical systems knowledge / experience a plus
- Able to perform general math skills and read a tape measure
- A team player with ability to work independently if needed
- Must provide high attention to detail and high quality of work for finished builds and products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, lift heavy objects, climb in, out, and under trucks frequently
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain Excellent attendance
- Upfit and install truck bodies onto truck chassis
- Install electrical components onto trucks, such as lighting, trailer plugs, and brake components
- Install various mobile power systems (PTO-driven air compressor / generators, PTO-driven hydraulic systems, generators, inverters, etc.)
- Install bumpers, hitches, ladder racks, hose reels, bulkheads, other various equipment
- Fabricate steel components, weld, and paint as needed
- Some travel available, but not required
If you’re interested in the trades or custom automotive builds, have a desire to learn an arsenal of new skills, and are mechanically inclined, please apply now!
- 401(k) with matching 5% contribution
- Employees are 100% invested in the 401(k) on day one
- Premium low deductible comprehensive Health insurance including Vision and Dental
- Low employee contribution levels towards health care plans
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Annual tool allowance
- $1,000 Bonus Referral Program
- Profit Sharing
- Immediate eligibility for all 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid wellness time
- $15,000 free life insurance policy
Great Work Environment:
- Pleasant, clean, well-lighted environment
- First Friday every month has company supplied lunches
- Company parties include: Christmas parties, Santa for the Kids, Summer family picnic, and more!
- Local charity events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.