For 51 years, Vanair® has worked hard to bring you the best Mobile Power Solutions® – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment®, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs.
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Wirer at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
The primary duty is to assemble purchased parts and the various pieces that go together to form a finished product. The wirer will use various hand tools and power tools.
Tools: Hand tools; screwdrivers, wrenches, wire strippers/crimpers, and tape measure
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint/wiring specifications, and bills of material; gathers parts, subassemblies tools, and materials.
- Installs parts and subassemblies by assembly drawings / on-the-job training.
- Assembles components by examining connections for a correct and proper fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Resolves wiring issues: notifies line supervisor to obtain additional resources/direction.
- May train co-workers in the wiring department.
- Ability to wire panel boxes and diagnose nonconforming turnbacks.
- Ability to construct wiring harnesses for all production requirements plant-wide.
- May be required to complete the necessary documentation.
Required to maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Vanair procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to read blueprints, wiring schematics, and assembly drawings.
- Able to read a tape measure
- Possess good mechanical aptitude
- Possess good communication skills with peers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: Applicant may be required to take a test.
Education and Experience
- High School or Equivalent
Vanair® offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- 401(k) with matching 5% contribution
- Employees are 100% invested in the 401(k) on day one.
- Premium low deductible comprehensive Health insurance including Vision and Dental
- Low employee contribution levels toward health care plans
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- $1,000 Bonus Referral Program
- Profit Sharing
- Immediate eligibility for all 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Wellness Time
- $15,000 free life insurance policy
Great Work Environment
- Pleasant, clean, well-lighted environment
- First-of-the-month Friday company-supplied lunches
- Company Parties including Christmas Party, Santa for the Kids, Summer, Family Picnic, and more
- Local charity events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.