For 50 years, Vanair has worked hard to bring you the best Mobile Power Solutions® – consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, Electrified Power Equipment™, and engine starters – in our industry so that our customers can work hard in theirs.
If you like being challenged, want to be a part of something special, and desire being part of an exciting team that is always striving to be at the forefront of our industry, then we’re looking for you – a driven and motivated new team member.
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced WIRER at our location in Michigan City, Indiana.
The primary duty is to assemble purchased parts and the various pieces that go together to form a finished product. The wirer will use various hand tools and power tools.
Tools: Hand tools; screwdrivers, wrenches, wire strippers/crimpers, and tape measure
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint/wiring specifications, and bills of material; gathers parts, subassemblies tools, and materials.
- Installs parts and subassemblies by assembly drawings / on-the-job training.
- Assembles components by examining connections for a correct and proper fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Resolves wiring issues: notifies line supervisor to obtain additional resources/direction.
- May train co-workers in the wiring department.
- Ability to wire panel boxes and diagnose nonconforming turnbacks.
- Ability to construct wiring harnesses for all production requirements plant-wide.
- May be required to complete the necessary documentation.
Required to maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Vanair procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to read blueprints, wiring schematics, and assembly drawings.
- Able to read a tape measure
- Possess good mechanical aptitude
- Possess good communication skills with peers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE: Applicant may be required to take a test.
Education and Experience
- High School or Equivalent
Vanair offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k and paid vacation, holidays, and wellness time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com
Want to know more about us? Visit: www.vanair.com