Warranty Claim Policy & Procedure
- Call Vanair Technical Service at 1-844-VAN-SERV (844-826-7378)
- Have the machine Serial Number, the hours on the machine, a description of the problem or symptoms, and, if possible, photos of the machine and/or installation.
- Vanair will provide you with a Case Number and convey it to you.
- Write Case Number down as it will be needed to document any further activity concerning the down machine.
- End users will be directed to the nearest Vanair Authorized Service and Warranty Center, if applicable.
- Vanair will determine if the equipment is still under warranty and convey that to you upfront.
Note: Even if the equipment falls within the warranty periods, warranty may still be denied if it has been found to be modified by a third party, has not been used and maintained in accordance with Vanair’s specifications, or was improperly installed or operated based upon Vanair’s specifications or industry standards.
SECTION 2: WARRANTY WORK AUTHORIZATION
- The Vanair Service Technician will provide direction or a list of items to diagnose or troubleshoot in order of likelihood to find the cause of the issue based on the problem description.
- The items on the list will have allowable times in which to diagnose or troubleshoot actively.
- If the work is deemed to be a warranty, the Vanair Service Technician will sign it to act as written approval for the
- If all the items on the list have been completed without resolution, please call Vanair Service with the Service
Ticket number for further instruction.
- Once a cause of the problem is determined, the Vanair Service Technician will issue a repair authorization for the
work to be performed.
- No warranty work performed will receive reimbursement without this written approval.
Note: Vanair does not pay for travel time, tolls, overtime, mileage (unless specified by service agreement), cleaning, shop supplies, taxes, removal, or re-installation time.
CLICK HERE to download Warranty Claims Worksheet.
CLICK HERE to download the Start•All Jump•Pack® Troubleshooting and Warranty Claims Worksheet
SECTION 3: REPLACEMENT PARTS PROCEDURE
- All replacement parts must be Genuine Vanair Parts.
- When replacement parts are needed or suggested by Vanair, you must initiate a purchase order for the
- The order must stipulate for Warranty Consideration and include the Vanair Serial Number and Case Number.
- Please call Vanair’s Warranty Administrator at 1-844-VAN-SERV (844-826-7378) or email to email@example.com
to place the order for Warranty replacement parts.
- If deemed necessary, Vanair will issue a Returned Material Authorization (RMA) form for any parts to be returned
to Vanair for inspection. Please follow the instructions on the form.
- Returned goods must be properly packaged and labeled.
- Any returned goods sent to Vanair without the RMA number will not be accepted.
- Unauthorized returns will be rejected on the dock.
- RMA parts must be returned to Vanair within 30 days of the date on the RMA form. Parts returned after 30 days
will not be considered for warranty.
- Vanair will pay standard ground freight to and from Vanair within the first year of the warranty period. sent after
one year must be sent prepaid freight (paid by the customer).
- Any additional expedited freight cost is the responsibility of the purchaser.
- A credit on the replacement parts will be issued once all conditions of the warranty policy are met, and inspection
of returned parts has been completed. Vanair will complete inspection of the part(s) within 60 days of receipt and
confirm the disposition thereof.
SECTION 4: FILING A LABOR WARRANTY CLAIM
- Warranty claims for labor must be filed within 45 days of occurrence.
- To be considered, all warranty claims must include:
- Machine Serial Number
- Case Number
- Detailed description of the work performed
- Breakdown of labor time between each diagnosis and actual repair
- A copy of Vanair’s signed, written approval for any diagnostic or repair work performed.
SECTION 5: DAMAGE IN TRANSIT – WHAT TO DO WHEN THE FREIGHT IS PREPAID BY VANAIR
Vanair thoroughly inspects and carefully packs all material leaving our plant. Responsibility of its safe delivery was assumed by
VISIBLE LOSS OR DAMAGE
- Carefully inspect all deliveries.
- Note on the Freight Bill or Express Receipt, any external evidence of loss or damage that is visible upon initial
receipt on the dock
- Have the carrier’s driver/agent sign the receipt or freight bill. Failure to adequately describe such external
evidence of loss or damage may result in the carrier refusing to honor a damage claim.
- Take pictures of the damage.
CONCEALED LOSS OR DAMAGE
- Any discovery of concealed damage must be reported to Vanair within 15 days.
- Concealed loss or damage means loss or damage, which does not become apparent until the parts or equipment
has been unpacked. The contents may be damaged in transit due to rough handling, even though the crate or box
may not show external damage
- Email Vanair‘s Logistics Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the damage.
- Vanair will provide instructions on how to proceed.
- A Return Material Authorization (RMA) form will be sent for any parts or equipment that need to be returned to
the factory. Do Not Return Damaged Merchandise to Vanair Without Prior Authorization.
IF THE FREIGHT IS NOT PREPAID BY VANAIR (CUSTOMER PAYS FOR FREIGHT)
- Receiving customer should contact the freight company directly to file a claim.
- Contact Vanair at 844-826-7378 for any material that has to be returned and/or replaced.
By following these instructions carefully, we guarantee our full support of any claims. If you have any questions about this
warranty, please call our Warranty Department at 1-844-VAN-SERV (844-826-7378) or email us at email@example.com.