Vanair is seeking an experienced Purchasing Analyst (Buyer/Planner) who can contribute to a growing, entrepreneurial, customer-focused company. The Purchasing Analyst ensures that manufacturing has an uninterrupted supply of products and services to meet daily production goals at the most competitive costs. The Analyst negotiates with suppliers for optimal cost and inventory replenishment strategies and collaborates with team members on meeting key metrics, continually monitoring and improving supplier performance. The successful candidate will have manufacturing experience and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Evaluate suppliers’ proposals, costs, and quality, as well as oversee purchasing performance based on service and availability.
- Strive to minimize expenses and increase company profitability, develop detailed purchasing reports, and recommend changes to the acquisitions processes as needed. Purchasing analysts also write orders and review bid proposals based on project requirements.
- Collaborate with Engineering on new product developments and provide timely follow through on Engineering Change Notifications (ECN).
- Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies, including RFQ’s (Request for Quotes) and requisitions.
- Resolve issues as they arise with non-supplied, under orders, over orders, quality, and damaged goods through problem resolution.
- Collaborate with suppliers, engineering, planning, production, and inventory control on a daily basis regarding issues with non-supplied, under orders, over orders, quality and damaged goods, resolving issues as they arise.
- Perform regular reviews of inventory planning parameters. Maintain and update supplier database for pricing, lead-times and contact information.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or a related field and/or five years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong negotiating and decision-making skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, and industry standard ERP/MRP platforms.
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and customer service. Ability to work well with a team and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
- Lean experience/certification a plus.
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Reports to: Sales Manager
Vanair Manufacturing, Inc., headquartered in Michigan City, IN, is seeking Regional Sales Managers in the following territories: Northwest/Southwest/Midwest/Northeast/Southeast. Vanair is the market leader in mobile compressed air and power solutions and continues to innovate in multiple industries. This individual should exemplify the Vanair guiding principles of being trustworthy, cooperative, conscientious, accountable, open, driven, and customer focused.
This position will plan, organize, execute and manage sales activities within his/her territory to ensure profitable growth and obtain sales objectives. Product demonstrations, product presentations, and getting Vanair product written into customer bid specifications are key activities. The RSM will work closely with Vanair dealers, OEMs, and end customers to understand and identify their power needs and offer best value solutions to satisfy them. At times, the RSM may be called upon to assist and/or train customers with installation, in-service and maintenance training, and routine troubleshooting of systems in the field. This position requires the candidate to live in the territory and requires approximately 60-80% travel.
- Establish and maintain productive contact with current and potential customers. Initiate and cultivate business relationships with multiple levels of customer decision makers and influencers such as owners, management, engineers, purchasers, sales & marketing, maintenance, parts managers and other individuals at assigned accounts.
- Identify and recommend new customers and channels, new markets/applications, opportunities, and services.
- Regularly report sales forecast information, call reports, travel schedules, and maintain CRM records.
- Develop and maintain account plans for assigned customers.
- Regularly monitor competitive pricing and product offerings.
- Attend approved/required trade shows and industry association meetings.
- Provide training to fleet operators, fleet technicians, installers, and distributors.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate will possess 5 or more years of proven successful field sales experience in the work truck, compressed air, or hydraulics industry. Strong candidates in other fields will be considered. A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering is preferred, but not
necessary with equivalent experience or other professional qualifications. Strong mechanical aptitude, the ability to read or interpret specifications and drawings, as well as being self-directed, motivated, and highly organized, are all strongly desired traits. The candidate must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License, be TSA Global Entry eligible, and must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
The Lead Trainer will possess mechanical aptitude. You will participate in and conduct technical training classes on the application, installation and service of our mobile power solution products. Will work in conjunction with Sales and Service departments to develop, update and improve training curriculum. Lectures class on safety, installation, operation, service, maintenance and repair of mobile power solution equipment, using visual and hands-on application and texts. Administers written and practical exams. Manages all activities related to the efficient operation of the Training classes.
This position has primary responsibility for the design, development, validation and delivery of curricula for training on our mobile power solution equipment, as well as the associated technical training applications and environments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop training material for technical classes on our mobile power solution equipment
- Conduct technical training classes on our mobile power solution equipment
- Maintain and update curriculum, PowerPoint presentations, etc. to insure most current content
- Maintain level of training materials, software, meals, etc. to accommodate training classes
- Evaluate and maintain training product equipment to insure most current equipment and proper operation
- Develop and publish training schedule a minimum of 6 weeks before start of new quarter
- Work with Sales and Service department staff to conduct needs analyses to identify training needs, and recommend and implement changes based on feedback
- Efficiently and securely manage training records and coordinate the use of training facilities and equipment
- Proctor exams for required training certification
- Mechanical aptitude a MUST
- Technical background preferred
- Possess excellent presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to work successfully in a rapidly-changing environment
- Previous experience with delivering blended training curriculum
- Comfortable with talking and teaching in front of a group of people in a classroom setting
- Must be comfortable and proficient in handling details and documenting business activities
- Must be customer-oriented
- Must be able to travel on business occasionally or work beyond normal work hours, as necessary
As a member of the engineering staff, the product engineer will design, test and develop product and product components following company and industry standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop product component parts, subassemblies, and complete assemblies
- Assist R&D personnel with the setup and laboratory testing to validate product performance
- Analyze and interpret test data and make product revisions as necessary to comply with performance and safety requirements
- Use the ECN process to effectively and efficiently manage change aimed toward product improvement
- Formulate product design specifications and update as required
- Support assembly line by analyzing and solving problems or obstacles that occur during production
- Other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Job-relevant college degree preferred, but will consider relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience in design, repair, and analysis of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Must have exposure to electrical engineering principles and methodologies
- Good aptitude with electricity (12v and 120v), machinery, and mechanical devices
- Autocad or similar drawing environment experience
- Project planning
- Self-motivated, driven and goal-oriented
- Team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Vanair Manufacturing, the leading manufacturer of PTO driven compressors and power systems, is seeking qualified candidates for a Marketing Specialist position within a team environment. The candidate should have a strong Internet background, as well as be proficient in web-based software programs. Candidate will assist with sales support and producing of company marketing materials
Requirements: • 2-5 years Communications experience preferred, either within a Communications/Marketing department or in a role that required interaction with a Communications/Marketing team. Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of media planning, executing marketing campaigns and tradeshow planning experience is an asset. Some travel for tradeshows and marketing campaigns may be required.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills
• Strong writing skills
• Collaborate sales team efforts
• Ability to design and implement marketing campaigns, literature and decals
• Ability to work with new product development and market analysis
• Savvy with internet and digital desktop applications, including Joomla, Prezi, PowerPoint, Adobe Suites and Microsoft Suites. Knowledge of CAD a plus.
• Knowledge of Web Application and Social Media
• Exceptional communication skills a must
• Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
• Ability to work with occasional short deadlines
• Willingness to learn new and varied skills
• Mechanical technical aptitude a plus
• Desire to succeed
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, and paid Vacation
Reporting to: Vice President of Marketing
Hours of work:
7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. There is a requirement from time to time to start work earlier or finish later as the role dictates. Some overnight travel will be required.
Please submit resumes to:
Vanair Manufacturing Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
10896 West 300 North
Michigan City, IN 46360