REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Reports to: Sales Manager
Vanair Manufacturing, Inc., headquartered in Michigan City, IN, is seeking Regional Sales Managers in the following territories: Midwest, Northeast and North Central. Vanair is the market leader in mobile compressed air and power solutions and continues to innovate in multiple industries. This individual should exemplify the Vanair guiding principles of being trustworthy, cooperative, conscientious, accountable, open, driven, and customer focused.
This position will plan, organize, execute and manage sales activities within his/her territory to ensure profitable growth and obtain sales objectives. Product demonstrations, product presentations, and getting Vanair product written into customer bid specifications are key activities. The RSM will work closely with Vanair dealers, OEMs, and end customers to understand and identify their power needs and offer best value solutions to satisfy them. At times, the RSM may be called upon to assist and/or train customers with installation, in-service and maintenance training, and routine troubleshooting of systems in the field. This position requires the candidate to live in the territory and requires approximately 60-80% travel.
- Establish and maintain productive contact with current and potential customers. Initiate and cultivate business relationships with multiple levels of customer decision makers and influencers such as owners, management, engineers, purchasers, sales & marketing, maintenance, parts managers and other individuals at assigned accounts.
- Identify and recommend new customers and channels, new markets/applications, opportunities, and services.
- Regularly report sales forecast information, call reports, travel schedules, and maintain CRM records.
- Develop and maintain account plans for assigned customers.
- Regularly monitor competitive pricing and product offerings.
- Attend approved/required trade shows and industry association meetings.
- Provide training to fleet operators, fleet technicians, installers, and distributors.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate will possess 5 or more years of proven successful field sales experience in the work truck, compressed air, or hydraulics industry. Strong candidates in other fields will be considered. A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering is preferred, but not
necessary with equivalent experience or other professional qualifications. Strong mechanical aptitude, the ability to read or interpret specifications and drawings, as well as being self-directed, motivated, and highly organized, are all strongly desired traits. The candidate must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License, be TSA Global Entry eligible, and must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
The Lead Trainer will possess mechanical aptitude. You will participate in and conduct technical training classes on the application, installation and service of our mobile power solution products. Will work in conjunction with Sales and Service departments to develop, update and improve training curriculum. Lectures class on safety, installation, operation, service, maintenance and repair of mobile power solution equipment, using visual and hands-on application and texts. Administers written and practical exams. Manages all activities related to the efficient operation of the Training classes.
This position has primary responsibility for the design, development, validation and delivery of curricula for training on our mobile power solution equipment, as well as the associated technical training applications and environments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop training material for technical classes on our mobile power solution equipment
- Conduct technical training classes on our mobile power solution equipment
- Maintain and update curriculum, PowerPoint presentations, etc. to insure most current content
- Maintain level of training materials, software, meals, etc. to accommodate training classes
- Evaluate and maintain training product equipment to insure most current equipment and proper operation
- Develop and publish training schedule a minimum of 6 weeks before start of new quarter
- Work with Sales and Service department staff to conduct needs analyses to identify training needs, and recommend and implement changes based on feedback
- Efficiently and securely manage training records and coordinate the use of training facilities and equipment
- Proctor exams for required training certification
- Mechanical aptitude a MUST
- Technical background preferred
- Possess excellent presentation, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to work successfully in a rapidly-changing environment
- Previous experience with delivering blended training curriculum
- Comfortable with talking and teaching in front of a group of people in a classroom setting
- Must be comfortable and proficient in handling details and documenting business activities
- Must be customer-oriented
- Must be able to travel on business occasionally or work beyond normal work hours, as necessary
As a member of the engineering staff, the product engineer will design, test and develop product and product components following company and industry standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop product component parts, subassemblies, and complete assemblies
- Assist R&D personnel with the setup and laboratory testing to validate product performance
- Analyze and interpret test data and make product revisions as necessary to comply with performance and safety requirements
- Use the ECN process to effectively and efficiently manage change aimed toward product improvement
- Formulate product design specifications and update as required
- Support assembly line by analyzing and solving problems or obstacles that occur during production
- Other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Job-relevant college degree preferred, but will consider relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience in design, repair, and analysis of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Must have exposure to electrical engineering principles and methodologies
- Good aptitude with electricity (12v and 120v), machinery, and mechanical devices
- Autocad or similar drawing environment experience
- Project planning
- Self-motivated, driven and goal-oriented
- Team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
ASSISTANT PUBLICATIONS SPECIALIST
Responsible for assisting our Publications Specialists with creating high quality Operator/Installation Manuals for our line of vehicle-mounted air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, chargers/boosters, engine starters and custom mobile power solution products. You will join a team of talented publications specialists who work collaboratively with developers, engineers, product managers, and our sales and service teams to make our products easy to use.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
- Assist with organizing/preparing material for our manuals according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminologyConfer with appropriate personnel to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
- Confer with appropriate personnel to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions
- Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, and Illustrator and/or willingness/aptitude to learn these programs – must be page layout/graphics literate
- Experience with researching and gathering relevant technical data from subject matter experts, such as engineers, sales professionals, and service technicians, as well as from internal documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Experience and familiarity with CAD, solid modeling and retrieval of applicable information for use in our manuals
- Working understanding of drawings, specifications, mock-ups, and product in order to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, production sequence, and detail
- Ability to understand and access data as it pertains to product from Bills of Material
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with mobile power solution systems (as described in Job Summary above) and its technology
Vanair Manufacturing, the leading manufacturer of PTO driven compressors and power systems, is seeking an Accounting Assistant who is capable of learning our system with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate should be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and have great time management skills. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position, Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- You should be able to process accounts payable, accounts receivable checks, process expense reports and all other duties as needed, such as filing and backup coverage for the phones.
- Communicates professionally with customers and vendors
- Enters, verifies and reviews accuracy of Accounts Payables in a manufacturing environment for timely vendor payments
- Assists other departments, as well as customers and vendors, by responding to information requests
Education and Experience
- Knowledge and experience with full-featured double-entry accounting software
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, patiently, and respectfully with co-workers, customers, and suppliers
- Prior experience with bookkeeping skills
- High school degree required
- Ability and experience working with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent computer and typing skills
or mail to:
Vanair Manufacturing, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
10896 West 300 North
Michigan City, IN 46360