or mail to:
Vanair Manufacturing, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
10896 West 300 North
Michigan City, IN 46360
Vanair is seeking an experienced Quality Management professional to develop, execute, and lead its quality initiatives.
This is a leadership position in a state-of-the-art environment, which offers the ability to be a real change agent and an instrumental part in furthering the company's commitment to quality.
QUALITY INITIATIVES AND OBJECTIVES INCLUDE:
- Develop, implement, and manage a quality plan that brings existing policies and processes into compliance with ISO 9001:2015
- Overseeing and leading an internal audit program
- Strive for continuous high-quality achievement and performance improvement
- Ongoing development and enhancements of company processes, procedures, policies, and systems
- Establish routine quality meetings keeping the quality systems fresh in the minds of the workforce
- Establish and implement a supplier quality manual with criteria and expectations
- Enhance company’s inspection and product release programs for both incoming and in-process materials/components, processes and finished goods
- Ensure company processes, procedures, and policies are understood and carried out
- Identify quality training needs and conduct proper training
- Lead, execute and communicate all facets of customer-driven quality audits and third-party auditors
- Utilize and promote efficient root-cause analysis, problem-solving and mistake proofing methods throughout company
- Write technical and management system reports (CAR, SCAR, FAI, PPAP, NCP, PAR).
- Bachelor’ s degree required — technical or business related degree desired
- 7+ years of quality management experience with a product manufacturer
- Quality management system and auditing experience
- Exceptional communication skills-both written and oral
As a member of the engineering staff, the draftsman is responsible for performing technical support within our Engineering Department. In this role, you may also design new products or modify existing products for customer application.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create CAD drawing files from sample parts and translate hard copy drawings to electronic files
- Develop plans and models for production while ensuring optimal use of materials, manufacturing, and installation
- Create detailed shop drawings, diagrams, and instructions to complete work order
- Create bills of material for proposals and orders
- Update fabrication and assembly drawings
- Communicate with all relevant departments to ensure all materials ordered relate to the project
- Partner with production department to determine best practice for completion of project
- Ensure quality and timely completion of project assignments while meeting cost targets
- Provide production support and troubleshoot any issues on the production floor
- Analyze, develop, and improve engineering processes through waste reduction, error proofing design, and standardization
- Provide exceptional service to all customers and vendors
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 - 5 years of AutoCAD and technical documentation experience
- Advanced computer and applications knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills working in a team environment
- Excellent technical analytical and reasoning skills
- Fluently speak, read, and write English
- Familiar with BOM data entry
- Associate degree in Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- Understand Engineering principles and terminology
- Detail oriented and committed to producing quality, comprehensive drawings
- Understanding of assembly line manufacturing: electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, sheet metal and welding
- “Can-do” attitude
Department: Technical Publications
Responsible for assisting our Publications Specialists with creating high quality Operator/Installation Manuals for our line of vehicle-mounted air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, chargers/boosters, engine starters and custom mobile power solution products. You will join a team of talented publications specialists who work collaboratively with developers, engineers, product managers, and our sales and service teams to make our products easy to use.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
- Assist with organizing/preparing material for our manuals according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Confer with appropriate personnel to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, and Illustrator and/or willingness/aptitude to learn these programs – must be page layout/graphics literate
- Experience with researching and gathering relevant technical data from subject matter experts, such as engineers, sales professionals, and service technicians, as well as from internal documents
- Proficient in Microsoft WordExperience and familiarity with CAD, solid modeling and retrieval of applicable information for use in our manuals
- Experience and familiarity with CAD, solid modeling and retrieval of applicable information for use in our manualsWorking understanding of drawings, specifications
- Working understanding of drawings, specifications, mock-ups, and product in order to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, production sequence, and detail
- Ability to understand and access data as it pertains to product from Bills of Material
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detailStrong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skillsExcellent communication and time management skills
- Excellent communication and time management skillsFamiliarity with mobile power solution systems (as described in Job Summary above) and its technology
- Familiarity with mobile power solution systems (as described in Job Summary above) and its technology
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Vanair Manufacturing, Inc., headquartered in Michigan City, IN, is seeking Regional Sales Managers in the Midwest, North Central, Northeastern and South Central territories. Vanair is the market leader in mobile compressed air and power solutions and continues to innovate in multiple industries. This individual should exemplify the Vanair guiding principles of being trustworthy, cooperative, conscientious, accountable, open, driven, and customer focused.
The Regional Sales Manager will plan, organize, execute and manage sales activities within his/her territory to ensure profitable growth and obtain sales objectives. Product demonstrations, product presentations, and getting Vanair product written into customer bid specifications are key activities. The RSM will work closely with Vanair dealers, OEMs, and end customers to understand and identify their power needs and offer best value solutions to satisfy them. At times, the RSM may be called upon to assist and/or train customers with installation, in-service and maintenance training, and routine troubleshooting of systems in the field. This position requires the candidate to live in the territory and requires approximately 60-80% travel.
Establish and maintain productive contact with current and potential customers. Initiate and cultivate business relationships with multiple levels of customer decision makers and influencers such as owners, management, engineers, purchasers, sales & marketing, maintenance, parts managers and other individuals at assigned accounts.
- Identify and recommend new customers and channels, new markets/applications, opportunities, and services.
- Regularly report sales forecast information, call reports, travel schedules, and maintain CRM records.
- Develop and maintain account plans for assigned customers.
- Regularly monitor competitive pricing and product offerings.
- Attend approved/required trade shows and industry association meetings.
- Provide training to fleet operators, fleet technicians, installers, and distributors.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate will possess 5 or more years of proven successful field sales experience in the work truck, compressed air, or hydraulics industry. Strong candidates in other fields will be considered. A bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering is preferred, but not necessary with equivalent experience or other professional qualifications. Strong mechanical aptitude, the ability to read or interpret specifications and drawings, as well as being self-directed, motivated, and highly organized, are all strongly desired traits. The candidate must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License, be TSA Global Entry eligible, and must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
As a member of the service team, the Service Technician’s primary duties are to provide service for and support of Vanair products. This Service Technician will also be responsible for assisting customers with troubleshooting our products over the phone, via email, and / or at a customer location. Additionally, this technician will repair / recondition Vanair products in our plant.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Self-starter, organized and punctual
- Possess a mechanical and electrical troubleshooting background
- Customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Good aptitude with electricity (12V and 120V), machinery, and mechanical devices
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment, operate as a team, and interface with other departments
- Must be able to travel on short notice
- Must be well-groomed in the presence of customers
- Must have basic tool set; specific tools will be provided
- Must have a valid driver license and be insurable to operate a company vehicle
- Must be able to work in a safe manner with no supervision
TECHNICAL SERVICE AND WARRANTY MANAGER
Vanair Manufacturing, the industry leader in mobile power equipment consisting of air compressors, generators, welders, hydraulics, and engine starters, is seeking an experienced and motivated Technical Service and Warranty Manager at our location in Michigan City, Indiana. Be a part of a winning team in this key position.
The Technical Service and Warranty Manager is responsible for the day to day direction, supervision and overall management of the Service and Warranty department. Our primary goal is providing exceptional customer service and product support coupled with innovative warranty administration that reduces operational costs and leads to a strategic advantage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and improve processes, policies, and procedures that satisfy the customer
- Ensure all of the above practices are followed to achieve consistency of customer service
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive service technician training program
- Maintain high-quality service repairs to minimize comebacks by doing them right the first time
- Maximize customer uptime through timely response and competent service
- Manage, schedule, and dispatch multiple service technicians while keeping the customer first in mind
- Establish and maintain a high level of professionalism, proper tone, and informative communication in all of our interactions or dialog with the customer
- Perform administrative functions for the service and warranty department
- Cross train service technicians in each of the three service functions of technical phone service, in-house service repair, and field service as well as parts sales, upselling and cross-selling of all aftermarket related components
- Ensure proper documentation and record keeping of all service transactions
- Analyze service and warranty trends to identify problem areas for corrective action
- Communicate warranty recommendations to management and Quality Department
- Maintain a safe working environment while enforcing safety procedures and compliance with Federal laws and regulations
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree or 2 or 4-year technical degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years technical service management experience
- A minimum of 3 years warranty administration experience
- Technical background in the compressor, generator, hydraulic, or automotive industries strongly desired
- Excellent customer relation skills. Ability to professionally handle confrontational issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, Word and Excel
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Valid U.S. driver license and insurable to operate company vehicles